- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Fintech
- Post Date: 06/10/2021
- Website: monzo.com
- Company Address: 12 Epworth Street, EC2A 4DL, London, UK
About MonzoAt Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives on your smartphone and built for the way you live today. By solving your problems, treating you fairly and being totally transparent, we believe we can make banking better.
We’re looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to grow and develop our engineering talent and build inclusive, high-performing interdisciplinary teams.
Engineers work in interdisciplinary teams arranged around a mission, with clear responsibilities and objectives, and the right people in the team to independently ship from their own roadmap.
Your focus will be on helping each of them with their personal and professional development, listening, guiding them through hard times and celebrating their successes. You will also be helping teams in your area to become high-performing. You will also help drive technical initiatives in partnership with senior engineers across multiple teams, such as a testing, accessibility or performance.
You’ll spend your time:
- supporting, coaching and developing 8-12 high performing engineers through regular 1:1s, continuous feedback and relationships with team leads
- working within a interdisciplinary squad with a product manager and tech lead to ensure a high-performing team that consistently and iteratively delivers high-impact, high-quality work
- contributing to management best practices: helping us become an exceptional place to work for the ambitious, highly motivated people that we hire
- partnering with senior engineers in your area to drive technical initiatives that raise the bar for our engineering practices
You should apply if:
- you have experience managing the performance and development of 8+ high-performing engineers, including seniors and tech leads
- you know what good looks like for a high-performing team of engineers and know how to get there
- you have previously worked as a software engineer at a senior level
- you have an empathetic leadership style and you build strong, effective relationships
- you care deeply about helping others achieve their goals and become the best engineers they can be