- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Fintech
- Post Date: 06/10/2021
- Website: monzo.com
- Company Address: 12 Epworth Street, EC2A 4DL, London, UK
About MonzoAt Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives on your smartphone and built for the way you live today. By solving your problems, treating you fairly and being totally transparent, we believe we can make banking better.
We're looking for a Product Data Scientist excited to help build business banking of the future. You'll have the opportunity to super charge our business user engagement and growth in 2021 and help us to build a bank account that customers truly love.
At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and a delight to use. Business banking launched in March 2020 and we’re growing fast, with over 85,000 business accounts and ambitious goals. We’ve built a product that businesses love with the tools to help them accelerate their own growth and success. Users of our business accounts range from sole traders to ltd company directors and more, each of whom have a range of different goals to achieve: from invoicing to forecasting, paying for goods and paying employee salaries.
Our Product Analytics team's mission is to
Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
We have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company. And we're great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. All our data lives in one place and is super easy to use. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data scientists the head space to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
We work in cross-functional squads where every data scientist is a member of a central data discipline and fully embedded into product squads alongside engineers, designers, marketers, product managers etc.
As part of your role, you'll:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our business users interact with our products and how those insights can inform our product strategy
- Guide and enable product teams to measure things that matter; initiate or help run A/B experiments to keep improving everything we do
- Drive together with the finance team a unified company-wide understanding of the lifetime value of our businesses and how different product features and behaviours are impacting profitability
- Liaise with engineers to keep making sure we collect the right data to produce relevant business insights
What’s special about data at Monzo?
Autonomy. We believe that people reach their full potential when you can remove all the operational obstacles out of their way and let them run with their ideas. This comes together with a strong sense of ownership for your projects. At Monzo, you will get full access to our data and analytics infrastructure. When you discover something interesting, there is nothing stopping you from exploring and implementing your coolest ideas.
Cutting-edge managed infrastructure. All our data infrastructure lives on the Google Cloud Platform, so you don't need to spend your time configuring or managing clusters, databases, etc. All of our infrastructure is designed so that we can have really high data quality, and spend most of our time using that data to support business decisions.
Automation. We aim to automate as much as we can, so that every person in the team can focus on the things that humans do best. As with all data science work, there’s some analysis and reporting, and as much as possible we encourage self-serve access to our data through Looker.
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You're impact driven and eager to have a real positive impact on the company, product, users and very importantly your colleagues as well
- You're commercially minded and can put numbers into business perspective
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically
- You have a self-starter mindset; you proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You're a team player whom your colleagues can rely on
- You have solid grounding in SQL and preferably Python
- You have experience in conducting large scale A/B experiments
Nice to haves:
- You have multiple years of experience in product or growth analytics, preferably in a fast moving tech company
- We can help you relocate to London & we can sponsor visas.
- This role can be based in our London office or remotely within the UK
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
- Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog
- The application process consists of a 30 min phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed by a practical written exercise and 2-3 video interviews. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.