- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: HR
- Industry: Fintech
- Post Date: 06/10/2021
- Website: monzo.com
- Company Address: 12 Epworth Street, EC2A 4DL, London, UK
About MonzoAt Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives on your smartphone and built for the way you live today. By solving your problems, treating you fairly and being totally transparent, we believe we can make banking better.
We’re looking for an experienced People Partner who will own the People strategy for our Engineering, Data and Product organisations while partnering with our Chief Product Officer and Chief Technology Officer along with their teams. Your role will be acting as a strategic partner to advise and consult with senior business leaders for the entire people lifecycle within a regulated environment. You will be comfortable with thinking big but starting small, getting feedback from relevant people and knowing the best way to test whether something is working.
Whilst you will be part of the leadership team of your particular business area, you will also be part of the wider People Collective. You will regularly meet with other People Partners and the VP of People to continue raising the bar on the people experience at Monzo from learnings in your area. You will be empowered to work autonomously, interpreting People principles to achieve the best outcomes for your business area.
Our internal community is core to achieving our mission of making money work for everyone. You will be responsible for defining what a world class people experience looks like in your business area and will be a valued strategic partner. We want to be efficient, proactive, knowledgeable and timely in providing clear counsel to enable leaders to make good People decisions quickly.
- Work as a strategic partner to the leaders of teams at Monzo, advising and pro-actively anticipating their people needs
- Own the people lifecycle within your business area
- Be responsible for People compliance and governance within your business area
- Drive engagement initiatives, making sure action plans are in place to drive positive change
- Empower and up-skill managers
- Help teams develop strong diversity and inclusion practices
- Work with the leads in People (Learning & Development, Reward, Talent, etc.) to define team specific requirements
- Lead career progression calibration meetings for your area
- Own strategic org design for your area of the business
- Drive all areas of performance reviews and goal setting for your area
You should apply if:
- You have experience as a People Partner, with working knowledge of employee law and experience in a high-growth organisation
- You have a passion to deliver a world class people experience
- Inclusion is at the forefront of your mind at all times
- You are able to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders and advise people to make the right decisions
- You can prioritise in a fast paced, high growth environment
- You can design, develop and implement innovative solutions to real People problems
- You’re comfortable analysing data to make data based decisions
- You have experience in things such as organisational design, employee relations, succession planning and talent development
- This role can be based anywhere near our London office when it's safe to return with flexibility to work from home when needed. Everyone will work from home until we fully reopen our offices.
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
- Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
- If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The application process consists of a phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed by 2-3 video interviews. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.