- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Cloud/SaaS
- Post Date: 01/24/2023
- Website: atlassian.com
- Company Address: 341 George Street Level 6, Sydney, 2000
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About AtlassianTools for teams, from startup to enterprise: Atlassian provides tools to help every team unleash their full potential
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Love staying ahead of the cloud growth curve and experimenting with new software and environments? Get on board as an Atlassian Senior Site Reliability Engineer.
As an Engineer in the Enterprise Agility Site Reliability Engineering team, you'll build solutions to enhance availability, performance and stability for the hundreds of Atlassian enterprise customers in the Cloud as well as automating away repetitive work.
You will help secure the cloud architecture with penetration testing, vulnerability resolution and compliance audit responses.
You'll be working on non-production and production environments, monitoring, data collection and configuration management, as well as disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives, and platform automation. You'll also respond to pings, pages and alerts to investigate issues in our products that you can really sink your teeth into. The best person for this role is someone that has a collaborative spirit - in our world, it's not about being a hero and having all the answers, it's about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order.
This role would be a great fit for someone with creative and innovative problem solving skills and a willingness to take responsibility for the code you write all the way to production. You will develop and implement solutions that operate at scale - seeing your own technology efforts directly improve the reliability of our products. Our teams are empowered and expected to improve our products to truly deliver a reliable experience to customers. You will own development efforts in each and every sprint from planning to delivery to realize this goal and collaborate with different team to review code.
One thing we promise: You'll never be bored.
On your first day, you will have experience in:
- Required understanding of Windows systems
- Network security, encryption technology, and roles permission mgmg
- Previous experience in compliance industries SOC2, ISO27k, HIPAA
- Software development in Python or Powershell
- Hands on experience with cloud infrastructure AWS/Azure - minimum of 3 years
- Experience monitoring distributed systems application architecture with tools like Splunk/SignalFX
- Experience using Configuration Management tools like Terraform, Cloud Formation Template
- Serious troubleshooting skills across different levels of the stack: Network, IAM roles, EC2, RDS, DynamoDB
- Exposure to and maintenance of configuration management and orchestration tools at scale
- Experience troubleshooting deployment/Orchestration Tools (Octopus Deploy, Jenkins)
We'd be super excited if you have:
- Software development expertise in Golang or Java
- Understanding of terminology like incident, problem, SLO, MTBF
- Build systems (bitbucket, bamboo)