- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Cloud/SaaS
- Post Date: 01/24/2023
- Website: atlassian.com
- Company Address: 341 George Street Level 6, Sydney, 2000
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About AtlassianTools for teams, from startup to enterprise: Atlassian provides tools to help every team unleash their full potential
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for experienced Developers to join our EMEA Jira Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. The team incorporates aspects of software engineering, applies that to operations and makes Jira Cloud better scalable and highly reliable.
We're looking for developers who are passionate about writing extraordinary software, love to solve difficult problems, enjoy learning about new technologies and contributing to products used by millions of people. You will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
If you would like to:
- Contribute to Jira transformation into a truly Cloud Native application,
- Gain deep technical knowledge of Jira Cloud services,
- Point out issues with the existing architecture and code, and clean it up,
- Provide round-the-clock coverage for Jira Cloud services running in AWS, as part of a global team spread across different locations,
- Investigate and sink your teeth into why something did not work the way it should, and prevent it from happening again,
- Promote "you build it, you run it" culture by teaching others how to properly monitor their changes to find problems before our customers do it
- ... then we are the place for you!
What you will do:
- Inspire creativity by coming up with new and surprising ideas for our services and processes,
- Make proactive changes to improve reliability of our services,
- React to infrastructure and reliability issues and fix them,
- Design infrastructure solutions for scalability, reliability, high availability, performance, security, software and maintainability,
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews,
- Work daily with other Atlassian teams from around the world to implement best reliability practices through tools, rituals, processes and driving reliability actions.
What we expect from you:
- Knowledge of Java, Python or Go,
- Understanding of Unix / Linux operating systems,
- 5+ years of experience with web applications,
- Blameless culture,
- Engagement to debug, improve code, and automate routine tasks,
- Capability of leading streams of work or projects.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.