- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Fintech
- Post Date: 05/25/2023
- Website: teya.com
- Company Address: , London, GB
About TeyaWe've built a fast-paced, energetic, and innovative environment, always aiming to put our customers first.
Teya exists to make sure that every small and growing business in Europe has the opportunity to thrive. We want to become Europe’s go-to software solution for these businesses, simplifying their every day and helping them reconnect with the joy of running their business. Teya was born in 2019 and is home to over 2,000 employees in 15+ countries. We've built a fast-paced, energetic, and innovative environment that is dedicated to bringing the best solutions to customers.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be a senior and key addition to our Finance team. You will be responsible for leading the month end close financial reporting process and provide support to the Group Financial Controller in developing the governance framework and introduction of efficient and effective financial processes to the rapidly growing business.
The expectation is that this role works not only with the Finance team but also with the wider business on improving the overall governance and control structure. This role is ideal for someone who wants a broad and wide-reaching finance role, requiring both technical expertise and honed communication skills. The preferred candidate will be experienced, able to adapt to change, and someone who enjoys working with in a dynamic fast paced environment. This role will suit someone with a strong work ethic and strategic mindset, who is looking to make an immediate impact on an exciting growth-stage company.
In other words, you will:
- Coordinate, prepare and consolidate the monthly management accounts and for the executive team and group reporting.
- Produce and review key balance sheet reconciliations.
- Continue to improve the internal control environment, including suggesting systems improvements and to actively assist in building efficient end-to-end processes.
- Draft white papers for key technical accounting areas to be distributed to both the internal finance team and external statutory auditors.
- Prepare key statutory audit materials including being the point of contract for the Group’s auditors.
- Provide direct support to the Financial Controller and deputise in their absence.
- Lead the finance team of two – provide training and technical guidance.
- Qualified accountant with a strong academic record.
- Proven experience in management and statutory accounts reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with experience of manipulating large datasets and modelling skills (pivot tables, filtering , lookups etc).
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both written and oral), preferably with commercial exposure in previous roles.
- Able to demonstrate strong technical accounting knowledge relevant to the company.
- Ability to build effective relationships with financial or non-financial and internal or external stakeholders, e.g. sales, finance, operations, marketing.
- Proven self-starter with experience of being able to work independently, juggling and prioritising across workloads and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, yet also showing ability to surface the key material issues.
- Prior experience in management of teams and ability to show a track record of development of individuals.
- Prior experience in implementation of financial controls and/or process improvements in financial operations.
- SAP experience preferable but not essential.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Physical and mental health support through our partnership with Gympass giving free access to over 1,500 gyms in the UK, 1-1 therapy, meditation sessions, digital fitness and nutrition apps.
- Health and Life Insurance.
- Pension Scheme.
- 25 days of Annual leave (+ Bank holidays).
- Possibility to travel to different offices around Europe.
- Professional development support through an L&D allowance to select courses that align with your career goals.
- Office snacks every day.
- Friendly, comfortable and informal office environment in Central London.
- Flexible working hours, as long it suits both you and your team.
Teya is for forward-thinkers and change-makers. We give greater priority to a growth mindset and the desire to learn over experience. We put our people first and focus on giving them the opportunities and challenges that foster personal growth. To build high-performing teams, we’re always looking for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join us.
All CVs and supporting documents must be submitted in English.