- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Fintech
- Post Date: 05/25/2023
- Website: teya.com
- Company Address: , London, GB
About TeyaWe've built a fast-paced, energetic, and innovative environment, always aiming to put our customers first.
Teya exists to make sure that every small and growing business in Europe has the opportunity to thrive. We want to become Europe’s go-to software solution for these businesses, simplifying their every day and helping them reconnect with the joy of running their business. Teya was born in 2019 and is home to over 2,000 employees in 15+ countries. We've built a fast-paced, energetic, and innovative environment that is dedicated to bringing the best solutions to customers.
You will work with a diverse team to help shape the future of our Engineering Department. You will shape the technology of the company while solving business problems and incorporating customer feedback. While you may use technologies such as Go, Java, Python, Kotlin, C#, to write maintainable, performant and high-quality code, you stand out in your ability to choose the right solution and learn whatever is needed along the way. We focus on experimentation, continuous deployment, and iterative delivery to ensure that our code runs reliably on our infrastructure, allowing you to focus on delivering value to merchants in a fluid manner.
On a regular day as a Principal Engineer with us:
- You are a key influencer for strategic decisions in the company. You bring technology and industry context to business decisions;
- You bring high judgment and data to build consensus and drive closure on contentious topics;
- You guide the career growth of the most senior technical talent in the company. You participate in performance evaluations and advocate for the careers of others;
- You are a hands on, highly productive programmer who writes clean, secure, and well-tested code to solve business problems;
- You build tools and integrate systems to scale the effectiveness of products across the business;
- You collaborate and communicate effectively within the team and across the organisation to achieve the team’s goals;
- You proactively identify and surface intrinsically hard problems (e.g. major bottleneck or existing architectural complexity that slows down or prevents innovation or poses a critical business or security risk, or undefined opportunities with potentially high impact.)
- You lead by example; you recognise that every solution you produce will be used as a role model for others;
- You create positive and lasting change on the architecture and technical abstractions of the company. You guide decisions to be intentional, incremental, and aligned toward long-term goals for the company.
Your Story (Required Qualifications)
- You have 8+ years of experience as a software engineer leader;
- You have experience motivating colleagues at all levels;
- You have experience growing and scaling teams;
- You can operate services teams build while identifying opportunities for improvements and keeping to agreed levels of service.
- You enjoy serving as a mentor and supporter for fellow developers and team-mates;
- You are data driven and adept at communicating your ideas in writing.
Desired Skills (Preferred Qualifications)
- You have experience with relational and non-relational databases;
- You are well-versed in using Containers for packaging your application;
- You work effectively with CI/CD pipelines;
- You effectively use Git or other distributed SCM;
- Previous experience in the Payments Industry.
- Competitive salary and stock options;
- Health Insurance;
- 25 days of Annual leave (+ Bank holidays);
- Possibility to travel to different offices around Europe;
- Office snacks every day;
- Friendly, comfortable and informal office environment;
- Flexible working hours, as long it suits both you and your team.
Teya is for forward-thinkers and change-makers. We give greater priority to a growth mindset and the desire to learn over experience. We put our people first and focus on giving them the opportunities and challenges that foster personal growth. To build high-performing teams, we’re always looking for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join us.
All CVs and supporting documents must be submitted in English.